Let’s get real…I talk about colonics A LOT. I know. You know why? Because colonics are AWESOME! I have had nothing but positive experiences with them and find them an absolutely crucial part of the cleansing process, whether you’re fasting or not. Always gotta take care of the booty!
I was recently asked on the Facebook page how to choose the right colon hydrotherapist. First, I adore anyone who’s willing to take a chance with this procedure. I mean, a tube up the booty with 5 gallons of water pushing into ya? Doesn’t sound like a day at the beach. It’s great, though, and definitely worth it. As for choosing the right place, I do have some suggestions. Here’s a quick list:
- Visit the locations you’re thinking of. See how I wrote “locations”, plural? Visit more than one and do a comparison.
- Ask to speak to the colon hydrotherapist who will be doing the procedure to see if you feel comfortable with them. Trust me…you want to be cool with someone who’s gonna be so close to your booty, right?
- Ask if they are board certified (preferably nationally) and ask how long they have been performing colonics and their own experiences with them.
- Ask to SEE the equipment they use and ask them to walk you through the procedure thoroughly. (If they cannot explain how it is done and the benefits of the procedure, run away!)
- Lastly, if you are currently on a juice fast, tell them! Ask them how they think a juice fast + colonics will benefit your health. IF THEY HAVE SOMETHING NEGATIVE TO SAY ABOUT JUICING, MY ADVICE IS NOT TO ENGAGE THEIR SERVICES. You do NOT want someone up your booty who doesn’t understand what you’re doing.
A good colon hydrotherapist will be able to look at your “output” and tell you a lot about what’s going on inside your body. In addition, they’ll be able to tell you how often you need to come back. People always ask me how often they should do a colonic while juicing, and I always advise to defer to your hydrotherapist’s advice. A good one won’t want to shove sessions at you if you don’t need them. On the other hand, if your folks tell you that you need some intense flushing, listen to their advice.
Hope that helps! New video coming tomorrow. Smooches!